Manmohan Memorial Polytechnic is the first polytechnic of its kind established with the generous assistance of the Government of India as a result of an agreement among the Government of India, Government of Nepal and Manmohan Memorial Foundation that aims to cater employable skills to its students which is most essential for employability and further to help develop the nation. It is affiliated to Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) the umbrella organization formulated for the development of TEVT in Nepal.
MMP is an autonomous institute empowered to provide sound technical skills based on the practical knowledge to prepare the students to meet the challenges of the fast changing world. Today's need of our country is to provide with such an education and training to the up coming generation that could foster with creativity in the cross section of lives. MMP promises for continuous striving to fulfill the need of the society by offering programs that provides life skills to the youths of the nation to become self-dependent.
In a country, where most of the population over 15 years of age is unemployed and there a huge number of manpower in search of work is fleeing around the world every year, the conventional system of education can not develop the desired competencies and capabilities for obvious reason. Hence there is the need to explore alternate learning strategies for regular Diploma Courses.
A Judicious mix of the approaches (e.g. Institution-based Project oriented study, Laboratory and Workshop-centered teaching, and Practice School type of instruction) will be employed for the education and training of students in Diploma courses of developing the desired ability of quality technicians most suited for executive, supervising and managing shop floor/field activities in an industry. The instructional approaches outlined as above are student-centered. The program of study includes considerable number of assignments in addition to lectures, laboratory work and workshop exercises.
MMP is managed by a Board of Governors (BOG) that has a wide range of representation from Nepalese industries and industrial professionals, employing agencies, technical educators, engineering professionals, representatives of MMF, University, CTEVT, Ministry of Education, Engineering Association and MMP faculty. It is financed by the government of Nepal, MMF and the Polytechnic itself.
- To produce middle level technical workforce (with technical and supervisory skills) in the engineering field to strengthen various sector of the economy.
- To undertake continuing education/training program for professional and career development of the technicians/ skilled workers in the industry.
- To train disadvantaged/unemployed/underemployed groups of people in specific skills through short-term modularized training programs.
The main purpose is to provide the students with hands on skills that enables them securing wage employment and/or self-employment or raise the competency levels of the students so that they do not have to remain unemployed or underemployed.
- Acting Chairperson - Hon. Ishwar Pokharel
- Treasurer - Mr. Laxmi Das Manandhar (Representative of MMF)
- Mr. Hari Prashad Kafle Sharma (Representative of MMF)
- Member Secretary of CTEVT
- Counselor, Economic Co-Operation, EOI to Nepal
- Mr. Bishnu Rimal
- Mr. Govinda Gajurel (Subject Matter Expert)
- Dr. Prakash Chandra Adhikari (Subject Matter Expert)
- Dr. Govinda Bahadur Thapa (Subject Matter Expert)
- Dr. Subash Shree Pokhrel (Principal of MMP)
- Director of MMP